Camp High Five Overnight Camp
Camp High Five Jones Gulch June 10 – June 15
Camp High Five Pinecrest July 1 – July 6
Camp High Five is a 5 night / 6 day adventure among giant redwood trees and beautiful mountains. Each day at camp is filled with laughter and fun. Whether campers are challenging themselves learning archery, going horseback riding, swimming, boating, playing capture the flag or roasting marshmallows, camp is sure to be a blast. Camp High Five is a great place to come with friends and to make new ones. Kids leave camp exhausted, with a sense of life-long friendship and looking forward to returning the following summer.
Why Choose Camp High Five?
Camp High Five combines love for sports, nature and creativity. Our camp fosters great friendships built on play, imagination and collaboration. Camp High Five offers children a safe place to try new activities and to challenge themselves! This summer we are implementing opportunities for campers to develop leadership skills through our evening embers and optional activity area mentorship and facilitation. Evening embers occurs briefly each night before lights out where staff lead a discussion geared towards reflecting on one’s day and the activities accomplished. Activity area mentorship involves older campers helping to facilitate games, along with inclusive and engaging behaviors during gameplay to involve younger campers.
Counselors are supportive, compassionate and invested in making Camp High Five a meaningful experience for all! Staffers understand the importance of connecting the campers socially, and encourage them to be the best version of themselves.
In addition to our hand-picked staff, Dave, Andy and Nikki have a wealth of camp experience, and are able to bring those experiences to camp every day. Kids are drawn to what we offer because we believe and are enthused about bringing sports, nature and play into kids’ lives.
Camp High Five Jones Gulch
- Early Registration (Before March 1): $660
- Normal Registration (Mar 1 – Apr 1): $680
- Late Registration (after Apr 1): $710
- Sibling Discount : $35
Camp High Five Pinecrest
- Early Registration (Before March 1): $820
- Normal Registration (Mar 1 – Apr 1): $875
- Late Registration (after Apr 1): $935
- Sibling Discount : $35
Campers will be lodged in cabins by age group with easily accessible flush toilets, hot water and showers. Each cabin has 8-10 bunk beds. The counselor will also stay in the cabin, providing around-the-clock supervision for the campers. The cabins are a short walk to the dining hall and are centrally located in the camp where most of the activities take place.
Which Cabin will my child be in?
- Junior Cabins: Ages 7-9
- Middler Cabins: Ages 10-11
- Senior Cabins: Ages 12-14
Activities and Amenities
- Archery**– A must-try for campers. Learn proper technique, form and how to keep score. Archery is located in Main Camp and is always a camper favorite. We will have counselors accompany kids to this activity and assist them during class.
- Horseback Riding**– Hop on, and enjoy the beautiful surrounding nature. Horseback Riding will be a one-hour trail ride with lots of scenic views. If you are an expert or are just trying out horseback riding for the first time, this activity is sure to deliver a great journey.
- Gaga Ball*– Join campers and staff at the Jones Gulch Gaga arena for a high paced and action packed game that will be sure to leave campers coming back for round after round.
- Kayaking & PedalBoating**– Join your fellow camp friends for a paddle around the the beautiful Pinecrest Lake. Counselors will teach proper technique and lead fun games. Lifeguards will provide supervision and each participant will wear a lifejacket.
- Sports, Sports & Sports– Camp favorites including Capture the Flag, Team Asteroids, Dr. Dodgeball, Soccer, Basketball and many more.
- Crafts– Learn a different craft everyday! From Sand Art to friendship bracelets and everything in-between—if you have a big imagination, we can help you craft it! Summer 2018 will have an expanded craft table with plenty of options for creativity, including tie-dye!
- Street Hockey Tournaments
- Home Run Derby Swimming w/ lifeguards
- Spirited games of water basketball*
- Scottish Rugby
- Foosball Competitions
- Ping Pong
- Forts and Fairy Houses
- Kick the Cone
- Human Hungry Hippoes
- Cabin Skits
- Cup Stacking Competitions
- Campfires with songs and s’mores
- The Famous Camp Reflection Box
* = CHF Jones Gulch
** = CHF Pinecrest
For summer 2018 we will be unable to offer horseback, archery or climbing tower at Camp High Five Jones Gulch. If you are looking for these specific experiences please check out Camp High Five Pinecrest or Adventure Day Camp Sessions 1 or 4.
Nutritious meals will be served three times a day in the dining hall. Meals are a festive time where campers share the highlights of their day. Kids also partake in the longstanding tradition of singing during meals.
Counselors help serve the kids, as most the meals are buffet style. Campers and their counselors rotate to help clear the tables. Please inform us prior to May 15th of any FOOD ALLERGIES your child may have. We want to keep the kids safe and healthy; the dining hall staff will make accommodations accordingly.
To contact a camp director while at camp please call (650) 823-5167 or e-mail Dave at email@example.com.
In case of an emergency please call Jones Gulch directly at (650) 747-1200.
- Cancellations before March 1st will receive a 90% refund
- Cancellations before April 1st will receive a 50% refund
- Starting April 2nd we offer no money refunded, unless there is a serious family emergency.