Run for Fun Overnight Camp
Overnight Jones Gulch (not open in ’21)
Session 1 – Saturday July 2nd – Friday July 8th
Session 2 – Saturday July 9th- Friday July 15th
Both Sessions – Saturday July 2nd – Friday July 15th
Run for Fun Overnight Camps is a 6 night / 7 day adventure among giant trees and beautiful mountains. Each day at camp is filled with laughter and fun. Whether campers are challenging themselves learning archery, going horseback riding, swimming, boating, playing capture the flag or roasting marshmallows, camp is sure to be a blast. Run for Fun Camps is a great place to come with friends and to make new ones. Kids leave camp with a sense of life-long friendship and looking forward to returning the following summer.
Run for Fun Overnight Camp Safety Policy
Run for Fun Camps has successfully navigated the COVID-19 pandemic, safely operating Summer Overnight Camps, Day Camps and After School Programs. These experiences have given us a strong understanding of how we can safely serve your children during Summer 2022. We are REQUIRING proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID test within 5 days of check-in. Upon arrival at check-in our Administrative Staff will administer a health questionnaire and confirm vaccination or negative test to each camper and staff upon entry.
Why Choose Run for Fun Overnight Camps?
Run for Fun Overnight Camps combines love for sports, nature and creativity. Our camp fosters great friendships built on play, imagination and collaboration. Our Overnight Camp offers children a safe place to try new activities and to challenge themselves! This summer we are implementing opportunities for campers to develop leadership skills. For example, Activity Area Mentorship involves older campers helping to facilitate games, along with learning inclusive and engaging behaviors during gameplay to involve younger campers.
Counselors are supportive, compassionate and invested in making Run for Fun Overnight Camps a meaningful experience for all! Staffers understand the importance of connecting the campers socially with their peers, and encourage them to be the best version of themselves.
In addition to our hand-picked staff, Dave, Andy and Alex have a wealth of camp experience, and are able to bring those experiences to camp every day. Kids are drawn to what we offer because we believe, and are enthused about, the importance of bringing sports, nature and play into kids’ lives.
Overnight Jones Gulch
- Registration is not open for Overnight JG at this time
- Early Registration (Before March 1): TBD
- Normal Registration (Mar 1 – Apr 1): TBD
- Late Registration (after Apr 1): TBD
- Sibling Discount : $35
Overnight Camp Pinecrest
- Early Registration (Before March 1): $960
- Normal Registration (Mar 1 – Apr 1): $995
- Late Registration (after Apr 1): $1,045
- Sibling Discount : $35
Campers will be lodged in cabins by age group with easily accessible flush toilets, hot water and showers. Each cabin has 8-10 bunk beds. The counselors will also stay in the cabin, providing around-the-clock supervision for the campers. The cabins are a short walk to the dining hall and are centrally located in the camp where most of the activities take place.
Which Cabin will my child be in?
- Junior Cabins: Ages 7-9
- Middler Cabins: Ages 10-11
- Senior Cabins: Ages 12-14
Activities and Amenities
- Archery**– A must-try for campers. Learn proper technique, form and how to keep score. Archery is located in Main Camp and is always a camper favorite. We will have counselors accompany kids to this activity and assist them during class.
- Horseback Riding**– Hop on, and enjoy the beautiful surrounding nature. Horseback Riding will be a one-hour trail ride with lots of scenic views. If you are an expert or are just trying out horseback riding for the first time, this activity is sure to deliver a great journey. This activity is not guaranteed for ’21 at Pinecrest. Dependent on County Madnates at time of camp.
- Gaga Ball– Join campers and staff at the Jones Gulch and Pinecrest Gaga arena for a high paced and action packed game that will be sure to leave campers coming back for round after round.
- Kayaking**– Join your fellow camp friends for a paddle around the the beautiful Pinecrest Lake. Counselors will teach proper technique and lead fun games. Lifeguards will provide supervision and each participant will wear a lifejacket.
- Sports, Sports & Sports– Camp favorites including Capture the Flag, Team Asteroids, Dr. Dodgeball, Soccer, Basketball and many more.
- Crafts– Learn a different craft everyday! From Finger-braid Headbands to Tie-Dye, friendship bracelets and everything in-between—if you have a big imagination, we can help you craft it! Summer 2019 will have an expanded craft table with plenty of options for creativity, including tie-dye & slime!
- Street Hockey Tournaments
- Home Run Derby Drama
- Swimming w/ lifeguards
- Spirited games of water basketball*
- Dance Scottish Rugby
- Foosball Competitions
- Ping Pong
- Forts and Fairy Houses
- Kick the Cone
- Human Hungry Hippoes
- Talent Show
- Cabin Skits
- Cup Stacking Competitions
- Campfires with songs and s’mores
- The Famous Camp Reflection Box
* = Overnight Jones Gulch
** = Overnight Pinecrest
Nutritious meals will be served three times a day in the dining hall. Meals are a festive time where campers share the highlights of their day. Kids also partake in the longstanding tradition of singing during meals.
Counselors help serve the kids, as most the meals are buffet style. Campers and their counselors rotate to help clear the tables. Please inform us prior to April 1st of any FOOD ALLERGIES your child(ren) may have. We want to keep the kids safe and healthy; the dining hall staff will make accommodations accordingly.
To contact a camp director while at camp please refer to the welcome e-mail OR e-mail Dave at email@example.com.
In case of an emergency please call Jones Gulch directly at (650) 747-1200.